Sunday 5 June 2016

Memories of Summers. Textile Creative Options

 
 
        My handmade collection of textile jewellery ‘adopted’ new ‘members’. Sorting shelves of fabrics, ribbons and beads while a new surface for a painting is still drying, I have decided do not waste time and make few soft, adorable broaches.
 
  
Broach 'Dragons-flies'; Textile medias I.G.
 
         I titled the broach ‘Dragons-flies’. It might be influence of my childhood memories. By me, I had spent a great time in summers at grandparents when I was a child. A property had a small pond and a meadow, where a lot dragons-flies fluttered around fast waving their wings that had beamed in the air like a light of the sun.
 
 
Broach 'Storm'; Textile medias, decoupage; I.G.
 
 
        The broach ‘Storm’ was made using textile and decoupage techniques. It was hard to mix and match right different materials when details did not went well together because of small size and inconsistence. Long experimentation with materials gave me a final product view. The textile piece is echoing frightening storms at nights, when lightings and a thunder were following by massive raining keeping eyes wide and loud beating heart. Always was good to know that being at safe home is worth it.
 

 
Broach 'Green Wheel'; Textile medias; I.G.
 
 
      My grandfather had got a chart and a horse for domestic purposes like plough a soil and carry hay. Smell of hay in the chart always raised me a feelings of the comfort, warm milk, green eyes of cats and the grandmother's waiting.  The title for the broach is actually the mix of hay (‘green’) and the chart’s wheel (‘wheel’) accumulating the past and the present in one dimension.

      Childhood summers have reminded me the nature’s impact for an imagination. Remarkable memories are inspiration for future projects as they still have got powerful visual codes and easily can be used for creative options.

 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment