Saturday 28 May 2016

Inspirational Illustrator Mike Wohnoutka


 

 Research  About Illustrator Mike Wohnoutka Who Inspires Me



       Looking at children books for my project about bees, I have found illustrators who inspires me to develop my personal statement in terms of the children book design.

     There is the very lovely and warm illustrator Mike Wohnoutka from U.S.A, who works making children books. His books are full of a soft, warm touch and has an incredible tender approach to an audience by made illustrations. The artist likes to draw animals, rather than people, because by his words, he knows predictable expectation should be ‘print of’, when drawing animals gives more freedom to play around. 

     My attention was drawn by the book ‘Mama’s Little Duckling’ (Dutton Children Books, 2008).  Pictures tells the story about family relations, importance of the mother’s care bring up the child. Being a most important protector, the source of unconditionally love and an educator, the mother serves the whole world.


    

 ‘Mama’s Little Duckling’ (Dutton Children Books, 2008)

    

      I like this book, because characters are soft, really friendly. Drawings radiate like the sun shining and express emotions. Images are a power of natural acceptance as birds reflects human’s feelings. In my drawings, I am trying to achieve same level of visual persuasiveness and make my project playful like great pictures of illustrator Mike Wohnoutka.

     The next book ‘A Teacher for Bear’ (Scholastic, 2011) is made in a warm, colour palette, images are telling the story step by step; they are clear recognisable, have a right balanced compositions.

 

‘A Teacher for Bear’ (Scholastic, 2011)


   
 
 
     Illustrations teach how to take a social adaptation in education intuitions, social communication and the importance of being itself. I like the bear drawings as they are made in rich variety of animation (a movement). There are a lot angles of motions to show naturalist sense of drawings. Either heads of characters are slightly bigger than reals ones, and this feature gives more distinction for the exhibited personal statement. The difference between an illustrators Mike Wohnoutka is that my drawings are made using bold fine art line, but encompass equally warm credibility. 

      The book ‘Hanukkah Bear’ (Holiday House, 2013) is also ‘a target’ for my attention. It can be used to teach predictions by helping to develop thinking. The story exhibits cultural diversity as it shows indirectly Jewish traditions, like lighting, a menorah, making latkes, and playing dreidel. I like these illustrations as they show and call out feelings. Playfully made, friendly to accept, and have an enjoyment of readings picture books.
 
 


 
‘Hanukkah Bear’ (Holiday House, 2013)

 

       Overlooked illustrations helped me to understand what effect I am achieving in my design making pictures for children, the importance of credibility level for the targeted audience.

      I would like to wish for Mike Wohnoutka a great success in making picture books for children!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment