Saturday 9 July 2016

Painting & Writing Poem 'My City'

Acrylic painting, monotype ‘My City’, I.G.
 
 
My City
 
My city is the  iron castle
Of my  spirit, friends, strangers
I see it in the possibilities of the future
That becomes to the nuclear atoms tie.
 
There is happiness in the imagination of advertising
Love, smiles, wealth comes in a moment
Poverty-stricken houses do not turn off lights at nights
The light is not inviting
Because they hide  treacherous eyes.
 
 
There are welcoming summers
Sunny days play, wanton
While the arctic nights are freezing.
The winter.
There are fashionable graves, bought in advance
Unseen cancer knocks at the back door.
 
My city –
The castle of the future
What happens to it?
Where does it  take us?
At nights, when the chaos sleeps
Dogs bark
Sorrowful, oppressive
Like in the yard of a dire, old village.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment